The Salam community is composed mainly of individuals and families who have recently arrived in the US as immigrants. Many of these individuals and families have arrived as refugees out of the turmoil currently taking place in the Middle East. Many have arrived with only the clothing on their backs, with poor English language skills, and without marketable job skills. A big part of the outreach to the immigrant community is compassionate care and assistance helping families assimilate into American culture and society. Significant volunteer opportunities exist with Salam Christian Fellowship as we come alongside of newly arrived families and demonstrate the love of Christ for all people. Your participation as a volunteer allows Pastor Hicham Chehab to focus his energies on the proclamation of the gospel of Jesus Christ and prayer.
You can volunteer with Salam Christian Fellowship in the following ways;
- Drive community members to appointments and fellowship functions (most do not own a car).
- Teach adult and children’s Bible studies
- Assist with the Saturday worship and fellowship activities
- Provide job training and job search support
- Assist in classes that teach the English language
- Receive and distribute donations of clothing and furniture
- Assist with the cultural assimilation of community members
- In general; be a friend to a family in need
To connect with Salam Christian Fellowship as a volunteer, please fill out the connection form providing your contact information and indicate that you would like to discuss volunteer opportunities.